Saturday, June 12, 2010

A cake so good I could only photograph half


For those who know me, I love to eat and to cook. One of the simplest and greatest pleasures is to get simple ingredients and turn them into something delectable. Well since I have had to change my eating habits, I have had to get even more creative. Here is a new one we tried tonight for dessert.
1 Flan (90 calories for 1/6 which is a pretty good size)
1 pkg non fat vanilla pudding
1/4 (roughly) container low fat Cool Whip
raspberries, blueberries, blackberries (or favorites of your choice)
Make pudding according to directions, add cool whip, put on top of flan and cover with your favorite berries. YUMMY! Stay tuned as I am working on a lentil salad that will knock your socks off. If all this goes well, I think I might take my friend Andy's advise and start a cooking podcast.
So the poor dog is tired and pleading with us to make it stop. Little does he know it is about to get worse. I have visions of getting us both up at 6AM next week just to have him hit the front lawn, lay down flat out on his side and refuse to move. He has done this before and it is a fairly useless endeavor to try and make him move because he is 78 lbs and stubborn. "Kuma come here.......ok, never mind, stay where you are. Good boy". I will persevere and he WILL bend to my will.........eventually :P
If anyone has any other great low fat, low carb ideas feel free to pass them on.

2 comments:

  1. No ideas here, I don't cook.. I do like WW fudgicles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, that boy can be dead weight when he wants to be!

    ReplyDelete