Thursday, June 10, 2010

It has begun

Well, I was finally able to go out and do something today as my toes are finally healed enough to walk any distance :) I packed up Kuma and Callie and decided to go for a walk by the water with my mom and her dog Mocha.
Now, my mom is used to going for very long walks with her little dog so this was no great thing for her but for us, a totally different story. About 45 minutes in we took a rest stop to put Callie on the swing (really it was to give both Kuma and I a little break) and Kuma went to lay down in the grass from exhaustion. I brought out some water and the poor darling drank back two cups like it was a tablespoon. By the way, Mocha who is 10 lbs soaking wet simply refused the water and went on running around like we had only just started.
All in all it was a good day and we were out for an hour and a half so I consider it a total success. It is just the beginning though and next week the really funny posts about our jogging excursions will begin.
Hopefully new weight to be posted shortly. For all those out there who are also on this weight loss kick with me, keep up the good work and remember, you will feel a thousand times better without the excess. I know I will.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a serious walker (possibly like your mom) and I can't think of a better habit for just general fitness--then I have serious trouble on the INTAKE front... but that's another matter. I have been on a weightloss plan since January and had a lot of success at first, but since around the first of April, have probably been lucky not just to have been gaining...

    Anyway-good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great start.. I keep saying I need to get a dog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Having a dog is an excellent way to keep up the exercise! :)

    ReplyDelete